If you’re like most people, you really don’t like getting junk mail delivered to your home. Not only is it wasteful to you, but the companies paying for the marketing don’t want the wasted funds for print and distribution either. If you’d like to be removed from mailings to your home or business, follow these easy steps!
- Junk mail: Visit https://dmachoice.thedma.org and create an account. The DMA (Direct Marketing Association) created this site to help people opt out of unwanted solicitations. Seems counterproductive, but it is actually a cost savings to them as well as their customers, the companies sending you the unwanted mail.
- Have a deceased family member that still gets mail? You can opt out here too by filing out the deceased do not contact list form.
- Credit Card Offers: Opt-out of credit card offers. If you’ve ever filled out a warranty card, credit card application, refinance application or other form, your information was likely gathered and used for solicitation purposes. Sounds wrong, but it is allowed. If you’d like to opt-out of credit card offers from Equifax, Eperian, Innovis and TransUnion, Consumer Credit Reporting Companies simply visit https://www.optoutprescreen.com/ . You can request to be removed from credit card offers and other credit related offers right on this site – Permanently!
- Phone Books: Many people don’t rely on the phone books like they used to! Smartphones have really impacted this industry. If you don’t want to receive a phone book and it goes immediately into the recycle bin, you can contact the phone book companies directly. Usually from their own websites. Here is DEX.
- Phone Solicitations: Not exactly junk mail, but unsolicited nonetheless. If you’d like to register your phone number with the Do Not Call Registry, it is free. Click here.
- Junk Email: Getting off of junk email lists can be challenging. Who knows where they get your email address in the first place. In most cases, in order to be compliant with email marketing regulations, emails must have an unsubscribe feature. Look towards the bottom of the email and simply click. Do not enter personal information, just confirm your unsubscribe desires.
While getting off of unsolicited mail, credit card offers, phone solicitations and email offers may be difficult with some work you can curb a large majority of this. While we can’t help you get off of these lists, we can help you with your home, auto and renters insurance. If you have questions about your home, auto or commercial insurance, call the insurance agents at Secord Agency in Seattle, WA. They’re right on NE 45th right in the middle of the neighborhoods of Wallingford, Green Lake, Phinney Ridge, Fremont and the University District. They have years of insurance experience and can help you insure everything from your home to your auto or business Insurance. They live where you do and are an independent insurance agent, so they can help you find the right company to fit your needs. You can also check out their website, 24/7.